The Local Government Ministry says its clean-up programme for the season was executed successfully.
According to the Ministry, the initiative began on February 2nd, with coordinated activities in areas hosting events.
It culminated this past weekend, with cleaning teams deployed immediately following the close of Carnival Tuesday activities.
The Ministry says by 3am, the majority of areas had been cleared and restored.
Efforts included the deployment of sanitation workers, backhoes for bulk waste removal and waster trucks to wash down and sanitize streets.