Barbados Pride have been declared winners of the 2020 West Indies 4-Day Championship.
This decision was taken by Cricket West Indies following a teleconference held this afternoon.
CWI says upon the advice of the CWI Medical Advisory Committee, a decision was made to cancel the last two rounds of matches in the first-class season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As Barbados Pride were at the top of the points table after the eighth round, the Board unanimously agreed to award the Headley/Weekes Trophy to that team.
The following events have also been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Colonial Medical Insurance Women’s Super50 Cup – postponed to later this year.
- Regional Under-19s Women’s T20 Championship – postponed to later this year.
- Regional Under-15s Boys Championship – cancelled for 2020.
- West Indies Under-15s Tour to England in the summer – cancelled for 2020.
- West Indies High-Performance and International preparation training camps – cancelled until at least May 31, 2020.