A 52-year-old Cunupia housewife will appear before a Chaguanas Magistrate on Monday charged with selling liquor without a license.
Yesterday, officers acting on information went to the suspect’s home in Jerningham Junction where they allegedly observed her selling intoxicating liquor without the necessary license.
The officers subsequently seized from the premises:
- 85 Bottles of Heineken
- 32 Bottles of Mackeson Stout
- 35 Bottles of Royal Extra Stout
- 45 Bottles of Carib Beer
- 11 Bottles of Carib Light Pilsner
- 44 Bottles of Stag Beer
- 23 Bottles of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout
- Nine Bottles of Caribe
- Six Bottles of Smirnoff
- 30 Cans of Polar Light Beer
- 23 Bottles of Magnum Tonic Wine
- 10 Bottles of D’aguiar’s Alcoholic Wine
- Nine Bottles of Banko Alcoholic Wine
- 12 Bottles 750ml of White Oak
- One Bottle 1L White Oak
- 12 Bottles 375ml White Oak
- 22 Bottles 170ml of White Oak
- 11 Bottles of 375ml Forres Park Puncheon Rum
- Two Bottles of 170ml of Forres Park Puncheon Rum
- Six Bottles of 50ml Forres Park Puncheon Rum
- A Sum of TT$595.00, suspected proceeds of sales
- The woman was immediately arrested and charged
Meanwhile in an unrelated incident, the same party of officers, received further information which led to the discovery of a Glock .40 pistol with one magazine containing 15 rounds of ammunition.
The discovery was made at the Corner of Bhagaloo Street and Chrissie Terrace, Enterprise, a known drug area.