The weather alert level has returned to green after days of inclement conditions.
According to the Met Office, the threat of significant activity and accompanying impact has now decreased.
However, it warns that heavy showers and thunderstorms remain in the forecast for the next several days.
The rainfall of the past few days lead to flooding across T&T, particularly in South and Central Trinidad.
The ODPM wishes to remind all citizens to Get Ready and Stay Ready throughout the 2019 Wet/Hurricane Reason by implementing the following steps:
- Clear all drains around your property to allow water to flow freely;
- Clear debris from your gutters and downspouts;
- Pre-position sandbags around your property, especially if your area or property has a history of flooding;
- Keep all important personal documents, valuables and vital medical supplies in a waterproof bag or container in an accessible location;
- Build an emergency kit with enough food, water, and medical supplies for at least three (3) days;
- Prepare a family emergency plan;
- Keep a list of emergency telephone numbers on your refrigerator or anywhere that is easily accessible to everyone in your household;
- Learn the numbers of your corporation, especially the number of your Disaster Management Unit;
- Monitor weather conditions before leaving the house;
- Listen or look out for further updates on television, radio and social media.