US Embassy starts mail-in service for US passport and passport card renewals


    US citizens in T&T and dual nationals can now send their US passport and passport card renewal applications through TTPOST.

    This is according to a media release by the US Embassy which says the new service applies to Americans who were issued their current passport at age 16 or older and those who require name changes.

    It is urging persons interested in mailing-in applications to visit the embassy’s website to review qualifying criteria and information on preparing the application.

    All other consular services for US citizens, it says, still require an appointment.

    If persons are unable to schedule an appointment online or have an emergency, they can email before arriving at the embassy.