UNC Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar has promised to create 100,000 jobs once her party is re-elected as Government.
Speaking at a public meeting in Couva on Sunday afternoon, she revealed a draft National Economic Recovery and Diversification Masterplan 2020-2025.
She said, “At the heart of that plan is diversification. We cannot continue to put our eggs in the same basket of the energy sector.”
As such, she said, the party has identified 12 “prosperity engines” spread across Trinidad and Tobago.
- Brechin Castle Agro-Processing Complex
- St. Madeleine Manufacturing Facility
- East/West Corridor Biotechnology Manufacturing
- Sevilla Digital Innovation Park
- Tamana ‘SolarTech’ Renewable Energy Park
- West Port of Spain ‘Trinidad Creative Arts Street/Area’
- East Port of Spain Steelpan Manufacturing Facility
- Piarco Aircraft Maintenance, Repair & Operations Hub
- Cedros Special Economic Zone
- Point Galeota Energy Logistics Hub
- Plymouth International Cruise Ship/Marina Complex
- Tobago’s First Locally Branded Hotel
Mrs Persad-Bissessar says, to find money for these projects and to avoid straining the treasury, public/private partnerships will be utilised.