A Yellow Level Adverse Weather Alert will be in effect from 8am on Sunday to 10am on Monday.
The TTMS says an intense area of instability and moisture is ahead the axis of an approaching tropical wave.
The forecast is for cloudy skies, prolonged periods of rainfall and occasional thunderstorms which can result in rainfall accumulation in excess of 25mm and gusty winds in excess of 55 km/h.
Possible impacts include:
- Street flooding, which can cause minor traffic disruptions.
- Ponding is possible in low lying areas.
- Loose items can become displaced by strong winds.
- Electrical discharges are possible during thunderstorms.
- Low-lying coastal areas may have slower runoff during high tide due to the occurrence of Spring Tides.
Persons are advised to:
- Secure loose outdoor items and livestock.
- Avoid wading or driving through residual flood water.
- Exercise caution in near low-lying and coastal areas especially during high tide.