T&TEC has established its customary emergency hotline for the Carnival season.
Persons can call 794-4823 or 794-7264 to report potential safety hazards, especially as they relate to overhead lines and poles.
This number is also a direct link to T&TEC for bandleaders, masqueraders, DJs and those involved in Carnival.
The hotline was activated on February 14th and will remain so until 7am on Ash Wednesday, February 26th.
T&TEC’s regular emergency lines – 800-BULB (2852) and 800-TTEC (8832) – will also remain operational during the period.
The company has also issued a number of Carnival safety tips:
- Stay clear of overhead lines. Coming close to or into contact with overhead lines will endanger lives.
- Do not stand on the top of trucks. You can make contact with overhead lines. Coming close to or into contact with overhead lines will endanger your life.
- Do not install equipment that exceeds 15 feet, on top of DJ trucks. Equipment above this height will interfere with overhead lines.
- Do not use bamboo, PVC, wooden or metal rods to lift electricity lines to accommodate equipment on trucks. This could result in loss of life and damage electricity lines and equipment.
- Do not attach signs, posters or any other items to electricity poles.