T&T’s COVID-19 count is at 126 as at the evening of June 27th 2020.
This morning it was announced that two persons from the Enchantment of the Seas cruise ship have tested positive for the virus.
While making the revelation, Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh noted that it is difficult to say when and where the individuals contracted the virus.
The Minister also dismissed a claim that a relative of a national on the cruise ship, who is on land on Trinidad, will have to go into quarantine.
He said this is untrue and not part of any protocol.
Meanwhile, he reported that tests on 100 Trinbagonian students being housed at UWI’s Canada Hall have all come back negative.
There persons were supposed to go home between 2-4pm today.
The 46 students at UWI’s Freedom Hall were to be swabbed today and results are expected in the next day or two.
The Minister also gave an update on the other step-down facilities:
• UWI Debe – 45 persons including two deportees
• Chancellor Hotel – 9 persons
• Tacarigua Racquet Centre – 0 persons
• NAPA – 18 healthcare workers
• Home of Football – 3 persons
• Brooklyn (Sangre Grande) – 24 persons
• Kapok Hotel – 48 persons being paid for by companies
• Cascadia – 0 persons
• Caura – 7 persons
• Vision on Mission, Claxton Bay – 18 male deportees
At the Caura Hospital, which is used for COVID-positive patients, there are now nine persons.