Several items of urgent importance have been identified in the move to address street dwelling in T&T.
These areas were placed in focus by Social Development Minister Donna Cox at a meeting today which included government and businesses stakeholders.
She says action is needed now on:
• Refurbishment and outfitting of facilities
• PPE outfitting of personnel
• Training and mentorship
• Employment and business opportunities
• Appropriate and well equipped vehicles
• Service providers like security and food
It was also agreed at the meeting that more community involvement is needed in rehabilitating street dwellers.