Following the murder of a patient on Tuesday night, security measures have been update at the Port of Spain General Hospital.
Men dressed as hospital workers shot Dejean Broker who was being treated for stab wounds.
The NWRHA says these measures are now being implemented:
- Enforce compliance of displaying staff Identification badges while on duty
Revise the visitors policy
- Increase random searches of vehicles entering and exiting the facility
- Installation of additional CCTV surveillance cameras throughout the compound
- Increase in armed security personnel and patrols
- Upgrade of security lighting on the compound
The NWRHA says discussions continue with the TTPS and other stakeholders to ensure a secure environment.