The Queen is under medical supervision at Balmoral Castle in Scotland.
A brief statement was released by Buckingham Palace this morning said “Following further evaluation this morning, The Queen’s doctors are concerned for Her Majesty’s health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision. The Queen remains comfortable and at Balmoral.”
According to BBC News, Prince Charles has travelled there with his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall.
Also arriving were Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, the Duke of York and the Count and Countess of Wessex.
Princess Anne, the Queen’s only daughter, was already in Scotland undertaking engagements.
Also, BBC News says Prince Harry is travelling to Balmoral alone.
It was reported earlier that he and his wife Meghan were on their way to Scotland together.
The 96-year-old monarch recently celebrated 70 years on the throne.
Newly appointed UK Prime Minister Liz Truss says “the whole country will be deeply concerned by the news”.
The whole country will be deeply concerned by the news from Buckingham Palace this lunchtime.
My thoughts – and the thoughts of people across our United Kingdom – are with Her Majesty The Queen and her family at this time.
— Liz Truss (@trussliz) September 8, 2022