Man held for sexual assault, TTPS urges other possible victims to come forward


    A 48-year-old chef has been arrested in connection with a string of crime, including sexual assaults and attempted murder.

    The suspect, of Watts Street in Curepe, has so far been charged with:

    • one count of attempted murder
    • two counts of rape
    • two counts of choking
    • two counts of serious indecency
    • two counts of false imprisonment
    • two counts of common assault
    • two counts of being armed with a weapon
    • one count of indecent assault
    • one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm
    • one count of robbery with violence
    • one count of driving without consent of owner
    • one count of driving without a driving permit
    • one count of driving without insurance

    And police believe even more victims are yet to come forward – as such, they are appealing to anyone who may have been sexually assaulted or robbed along the North Coast Road to report their cases.

    His latest victim is a 17-year-old girl responding to a job advertisement on Facebook.

    She allegedly met the accused at the KFC carpark in Curepe to hand over documents, and was promised a drop to Port-of-Spain to meet her mother.

    The accused allegedly took her to a private road off the North Coast Main Road, where he dealt her several blows with a cutlass, sexually assaulted her and robbed her of cash, jewellery and documents.

    The victim told police that while fighting off the man, he overpowered her and threw her over a cliff along the road.

    She sought assistance from passers-by who took her to the Maracas Bay Police Station.

    An all-points bulletin was put out for the vehicle and the suspect was arrested on September 12th after a chase along the North Coast Road – he was held despite throwing himself over a cliff in a bid to escape the officers.

    According to the TTPS, they also rescued a suspected victim who was seated in the vehicle

    Police also executed a search warrant at his home where several stolen items were reportedly recovered.

    He was placed on an identification parade where he was positively identified by several victims, including the 17-year-old girl.

    All the victims claim they met the accused in Curepe, after which he took them to areas in the North and West where they were assaulted.