Heritage Petroleum says repairs and other work continue on the pipeline which spilled oil into the Godineau River yesterday.
In a media release, it notes that today’s activities include:
• The clean-up and remediation of the watercourse and other affected areas
• The deployment of additional booms to restrict any spread of the oil downstream
• Ongoing surveillance and assessment of the shoreline and surrounding areas
• The search for, conservation, and rehabilitation of impacted wildlife
• The deployment of additional vessels and other resources, including support of persons from nearby communities, to assist in the clean-up operations
It says repairs are also being carried out in relation to the pipelines near the spill.
Heritage is again urging persons to avoid the affected area from La Fortune to the river’s mouth at Mosquito Creek.