A grant is now available for micro and small enterprises (MSEs) impacted by COVID-19.
Today, the National Entrepreneurship Development Company Limited announced the launch of the Entrepreneurial Relief Grant.
A collaboration with the Finance Ministry, it is available to businesses that earn less than TT $1,000,000 in annual revenues.
NEDCO says affected MSEs can access up to TT $20,000 in grant funding to help cover business-related expenses such as salaries, rent, stock and other working capital.
Applicants must meet certain criteria to qualify:
- Business owners must be a citizen or legal resident of Trinidad and Tobago and be 18 years and over
- Applicants must have an existing business to apply
- Unregistered businesses can apply, but applicants must register their company before funds are disbursed
- The business must earn less than TT $1 million in annual income
- Any type of legal business can apply, including sole traders
- Applicants who received other COVID-19 relief benefits are not eligible for the Entrepreneurial Relief Grant
- Applicants with pending or current criminal court proceedings against them will not be eligible
The following documents must also be submitted to apply for the Entrepreneurial Relief Grant:
• Personal Documents
- Two forms of valid Trinidad and Tobago identification;
- Personal Board of Inland Revenue (BIR) number.
• Business Documents
- Certificate of Registration and/or proof of assignment of a business Board of Inland Revenue number
- Proof of business operations
- Proof of address.