Four men are expected in court on various charges after investigations into the alleged human trafficking of a Venezuelan girl.
The men are facing various charges including:
• Receiving and transporting a child for the purpose of child trafficking
• Harbouring a child for the purpose of child trafficking
• Knowingly receiving a financial benefit from the offence of trafficking in persons
• Causing a child to prostitute
• Controlling a child prostitute
• Facilitating child prostitution
• Sexual penetration of a child
Their arrests came on Tuesday 13th April – four other men were arrested and release however investigations are ongoing into their alleged involvement.