The Association of T&T Insurance Companies is reminding the public of the importance of having proper coverage against earthquakes and other risks.
It also has advice for policyholders on the steps in submitting a claim in the event that damages were incurred.
For policyholders who have sustained damages, ATTIC advises that you:
• Contact your respective insurance company, agent or broker and immediately notify them of any claims
• Complete a claim form and a statement of claim
• At minimum, provide photographs or any other information to support your claim. This will also be subject to any other information which may be required by your insurer.
• If your property has been damaged, submit estimates for repairs along with a claim form, if possible.
• Expect to hear from your insurer/agent/broker who will appoint an insurance adjuster who will visit the location where the loss occurred to verify the claim and survey your property.
The aforementioned will assist in expediting the claims settlement process. ATTIC also advises that losses arising within a 72-hour period from the initial event will be treated as one – this includes the aftershock which was felt on August 22, 2018. We encourage clients to check their policy documents with respect to the terms and conditions regarding the deductible or excess.
If you would like to insure against disasters such as earthquakes, please contact your insurance company or visit the ATTIC website atwww.attic.org.tt For more information contact us at 625-2940/624-2817 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.