The National Trust of Trinidad and Tobago is hosting a Roti and Gingerbread Heritage Tour and culinary experience.
It’s in celebration of Divali and will be held on October 21st.
The experience involves a visit to the Jagessar House, which is one of the most intricately crafted gingerbread houses in central Trinidad.
Persons can also learn to make up to five different types of roti on a chulha, and will even have the chance to taste ‘wild carailie juice’.
The Roti and Gingerbread Heritage Tour does carry a cost:
- $275 for members of the National Trust
- $325 for non-members
The National Trust also has other tours this October:
- Maracas St Joseph Heritage and Adventure Cocoa Tour to commemorate world Cocoa and Chocolate Day – Saturday 1st October 2022
- Matelot Heritage Tour – Saturday 8th October 2022
- Brasso Seco Adventure Tour – Saturday 15th October 2022
- Cedros Icacaos Tour – Saturday 29th October 2022