With production beginning soon on Disney Plus series “Obi-Wan Kenobi”, several of the cast members have been unveiled.
According to Disney Plus’ website, the series begins 10 years after the dramatic events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith.
The series is directed by Deborah Chow, who helmed memorable episodes of season one of “The Mandalorian” and features Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan and the return of Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader.
Other cast members confirmed are: Moses Ingram, Joel Edgerton, Bonnie Piesse, Kumail Nanjiani, Indira Varma, Rupert Friend, O’Shea Jackson, Sung Kang, Simone Kessell and Benny Safdie.
WHERE YOU MAY KNOW THESE CAST MEMBERS FROM (One memorable performance each)
- Moses Ingram: Jolene in “The Queen’s Gambit”
- Joel Edgerton: Owen Lars in the “Star Wars” franchise
- Bonnie Piesse: Beru Lars in the “Star Wars” franchise
- Kumail Nanjiani: Kingo Sunen in “The Eternals” (post-production)
- Indira Varma: Ellaria Sand in “Game of Thrones”
- Rupert Friend: Peter Quinn in “Homeland”
- O’Shea Jackson: Ice Cube in “Straight Outta Compton”
- Sung Kang: Han Lue in “The Fast and the Furious” franchise
- Simone Kessell: Kim Swann in “San Andreas”
- Benny Safdie: directed Adam Sandler’s “Uncut Gems”