Local Government Bye-Elections will be held for several seats on Monday 25th January 2021.
This announcement comes this afternoon via a media release from Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley.
He says this follows the August 10th 2020 General Election and the election of several councilors as Members of Parliament.
Dr Rowley’s release states that the five electoral districts to host bye-elections are:
• Arima Central in the Arima Borough Corporation,
• Cunupia in the Chaguanas Borough Corporation,
• Morne Coco/Alyce Glen in the Diego Martin Regional Corporation
• Hollywood in the Point Fortin Borough Corporation
• Hindustan/St Mary in the Princes Town Regional Corporation
The release also notes that Nomination Day is Monday 4th January 2021.