Boiling rice leaves toddler with second-degree burns

    0

    A two-year-old girl has been hospitalized after being burned by a pot of boiling rice which fell on her at her Moruga home.

    An Express report states that the child suffered second-degree burns on her back, neck, thigh, chest and private parts.

    Her mother says she had given the toddler a bath and was getting a towel to dry her off when the child ran out of the room.

    The child allegedly pulled the pot off the stove leading to the burns which she is expected to be treated for at the San Fernando General Hospital.