The Association of T&T Insurance Companies is urging persons to review insurance arrangements in light of the ongoing hurricane season.
The association says the T&T Met Service has forecasted a 47% chance of the formation of four storms in the region and three with the potential of becoming hurricanes.
It believes persons should follow the following tips:
• Enquire from your insurer whether you are covered for flood damage and insure both your property and its contents
• Policyholders must also update their insurance policies frequently so that insured values are based on current replacement values of insured assets
• Contact your insurance company, agent or broker and immediately notify them of any potential claims
• Present bills, photographs or some proof of ownership of lost items to support your claim, if possible
• If your building or vehicle has been damaged, submit estimates for repairs along with a claim form
• Expect to hear from an Insurance Adjuster who will visit the location where the loss occurred to verify the claim
• During the time of hurricanes or weather alerts, insurers may temporarily amend their policies