Six locals have been awarded the U.S. Embassy’s 2019 Fulbright Scholarship.
• Amaara White: Master’s, Art and Design, College for Creative Studies;
• David Springer Master’s, Social Work, Andrews University;
• Dike Samai: Master’s, Film Composition, TV & Video Games, New York University
• Ibrahim Abdullah: Research in Substance Abuse, Education, Treatment and Prevention,
• Kerri-Ann Chandler: Master’s, Music, New York University
• Shivani Ramoutar: PhD, Geography, Purdue University
According to the Embassy, the awardees will embark upon graduate level programs in their fields at various Universities starting in August.
Established in 1946, the Fulbright Program has provided more than 390,000 students worldwide with the opportunity to exchange ideas and contribute to finding solutions to shared international concerns.
It is also aimed at improving intercultural relations, cultural diplomacy, and intercultural competence between the people of the US and other countries.