Two academics at the UWI St Augustine Campus have been promoted to Professor, which is the University’s highest academic rank.
Dr Hamid Ghany has been promoted to Professor of Constitutional Affairs and Parliamentary Studies, while Dr Godfrey Steele is now a Professor of Human Communication Studies.
Five academics from the Cave Hill and Mona Campuses have also been promoted to professor.
Cave Hill Campus
- Dr Isabelle Constant — promoted to Professor of French, Francophone African and Caribbean Literatures
- Mr Charles Grant — promoted to Professor of Applied Nuclear Sciences
- Dr Kathleen Monteith — promoted to Professor of Caribbean History
- Dr Monika Parshad-Asnani — promoted to Professor of Family Medicine and Epidemiology
- Dr Helen Trotman-Edwards — promoted to Professor of Paediatrics and Neonatology
The University says their appointments were made after thorough evaluation of the quality and quantity of their research, publications and other professional activities.
They were promoted with effect from September 30th 2020.