14 persons were arrested during an exercise called “Operation Sweep Tobago by Storm”.
According to the TTPS, a combination of road blocks, raids and searches, and anti-crime exercises, was carried out throughout the Tobago Division between 3am and 3pm on Thursday 4th March 2021.
It involved the participation of more than 110 police officers.
The operation saw:
- the arrest of 14 persons for offences such larceny, fraudulent conversion, house-breaking and larceny, robbery with violence, possession of a firearm, and sexual offences
- the seizure of one Bernardelli nine-millimetre pistol in an old refrigerator at an abandoned building in Bon Accord
- the seizure of 3.784 kilograms of marijuana
- the issuance of 27 U-turn tickets
- the search of 23 dwelling houses where items such as cellular phones and jewellery were recovered
- the arrest of one illegal Venezuelan immigrant
- the issuance of Eight Public Health Fixed Penalty Notices
The operation was coordinated by Snr Supt Anand Ramesar and spearheaded by ASP Mark Joseph and ASP Rodhill Kirk.